1) RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: All rights not expressly granted above are retained by the Artist, including any electronic rights or usage, and including, but not limited to, all rights in sketches, comps or other preliminary materials. Any use additional to that expressly granted above requires arrangement for payment of a separate fee.
2) REVISIONS: Revisions may be made only by the Artist at the sketch stage. Additional fees will be charged for revisions made after 3 sketches, and for revisions reflecting a new direction to the assignment, or new conceptual input.
3) CANCELLATION AND KILL FEES: Cancellation (“kill”) fees are due based on the amount of work completed. Seventy-five percent (75%) of the final fee is due within 7 days of notification that for any reason the job is canceled or postponed before the final stage. One hundred percent (100%) of the total fee is due despite cancellation or postponement of the job if the art has been completed. Upon cancellation or kill all rights to the art revert to the Artist and all original art must be returned, including sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials.
4) PAYMENT: Payment for commissions is fifty percent (50%) of the final fee and due before work has begun. Payment for finished work is due upon acceptance, net thirty (7) days. The Client’s right to use the work is conditioned upon receipt of payment within thirty days of acceptance, and upon Client’s compliance with the terms of this agreement. A two percent (5%) monthly service charge will be billed against late payment.
5) ORIGINAL ART: Original art remains the property of the Artist unless expressed in the agreement. If Client chooses to retain copyright to work post production, additional fees will apply. Client is responsible for return of original art in undamaged condition within thirty (30) days of first reproduction.
6) ADDITIONAL EXPENSES: If Client does not provide a courier/shipping number in the space provided above, shipping charges will be added to the final invoice. Client agrees to reimburse Artist for the following expenses:
• Messengers• Models• Props• Travel• Telephone• Proofs• Disks, drives, or storage media
7) PERMISSIONS AND RELEASES: The Client agrees to indemnify and hold the Artist harmless against any and all claims, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to materials included in the Work at the request of the Client for which no copyright permission or privacy release was requested, or for which uses exceed the uses allowed pursuant to a permission or release.